Job Location80 Duncan Street, Newtown, Georgetown, Guyana
We are searching for skilled, creative Bakers & Pastry Maker who strive to provide excellent baked items and service in an efficient, professional manner. The Baker & Pastry maker will design, execute, and improve recipes, perform quality checks on ingredients and finished products, use icing, glazes, fillings, and decorations to enhance item presentation, and process orders from customers. You will also greet customers, answer questions, clean workstations and equipment, and perform other duties to ensure that customer needs are satisfied, and the outlets are well-stocked and operating smoothly.
To be a successful Baker & Pastry Maker, you should be efficient and friendly with a focus on food quality and customer satisfaction. You should be organized, decisive, attentive, and possess a strong understanding of baking techniques.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Qualifications in relevant courses
- More education or experience may be preferred.
- Strong communication, time and resource management, and planning skills.
- Attention to detail, especially when performing quality inspections on ingredients and products.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Willingness to work independently and with other team members to solve problems, plan schedules, fulfill orders, and create amazing baked goods.
- Flexibility to work around customer demands, including early morning, night, weekend and holiday availability.
- Ability to work in a hot, hectic environment, stand, walk, bend, use hands and appliances, for duration of shifts
Baker & Pastry Maker Responsibilities:
- Lead the kitchen team in producing quality goods at high standards
- Designing and improving recipes.
- Measuring and combining ingredients and using mixers, blenders, heat sources, and other equipment to make baked goods, such as cookies, bread, cakes, etc.
- Decorating and displaying finished products.
- Testing ingredients and finished goods to ensure that each item meets food safety and quality controls.
- Greeting customers, answering questions, making recommendations, and providing exceptional customer service.
- Keeping records relating to deliveries, inventory, and production levels.
- With your team, cleaning and restocking workstations and ensuring that all equipment is sanitized and prepared for the next shift.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Ranges between $75,000 - $120,000 monthly (Depends on skills & experience)
Group medical insurance after six months
Paid vacation days after one year
Send application to:
Java Coffee Bar, 80 Duncan Street, Newtwon, Kitty
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY