We are looking for an Accounts Supervisor who will be expected to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department, which includes direct supervision of the Accounts Payables function by ensuring timely processing of all payments.
- Completion of ACCA Level 2 or equivalent tertiary education
- 3 years progressive experience in the related field
- A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Hours of Work – Mon to Fri 8am to 4:30pm. They will be required to physically be in office
- Expert knowledge of accounting principles, methods and practices
- Working knowledge of financial/accounting tools and related computer application
- Expert knowledge of prevailing financial regulations
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles
- Performs a wide variety of general accounting functions including the preparation, review and approval of journal entries, month-end closing processes, year-end schedules and reports, quarterly and annual tax and other reports, debt schedules, budget monitoring, and chart of accounts control
- Posts sub-ledgers to the general ledger and posts reconciling journal entries to balance and closes the general ledger each month
- Create and maintain records on fund balances by individual fund and computes fund balances
- Comply with all reporting, accounting and audit requirements imposed by the regulatory bodies including the preparation of financial audit
- Take appropriate action in response of any irregularity, lack of compliance, lack of adherence, and problems whether actual or potential concerning matters of a financial nature which could have a financial implication
- Implement continuous financial audit and control systems to monitor the performance of the company
- Coordinate the audit process for internal and external audits
- Develop and monitor the implementation and maintenance of financial policies and procedures in accordance with stated Group guidelines
- Collaborate and coordinate the activities of outside suppliers of financial services hired or contracted by the firm, including accountants, auditors, financial consultants, underwriters and brokers, the banking system and other financial venues
- Maintain a working relationship and to develop additional relationships with banks, and financial institutions with the aim of securing the funds necessary for the operations of the firm and for the attainment of its development plans
- Supervise the productivity and performance of staff by monitoring, coaching, training and counselling
- Facilitate monthly staff meetings to acknowledge positive results, communicate monthly focus, goals and priorities, share best practices and address challenges
Applications can be sent you firstname.lastname@example.org
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY