The Hauler Driver is responsible for maneuvering the hauler in a safe manner, following all road safety rules, while working in collaboration with the designated Foreman.
- A sound Secondary Education. Must be able to read and write.
- Certification in Heavy Duty Vehicle Operation
- Proven work experience as a Truck Driver
- Valid licence to operate truck.
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
- Knowledge and skills in operating Hauler and other heavy-duty vehicle
- No recent driving violations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations; such as, traffic and weather conditions.
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Dedicated and a good team player
- Pleasant personality and customer service oriented.
- Sound work ethics
- Inspect truck before and after every trip and submit report on the condition of the truck to the Foreman or Supervisor.
- Drive tractor-trailer combination while applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations to transport products for delivery.
- Maneuver truck into loading and unloading position and ensure that the vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for Transporting heavy equipment and wide loads.
- Drive truck within the 30-ton capacity weight only (including Hauler, Trailer and Container).
- Maintain radio or telephone contact with Supervisor.
- Obtain and verify delivery instruction and routes from Supervisor. Plan and adjust routes based on changing conditions.
- Maintain log of working hours and vehicle service or repair status.
- Report defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the truck and/or trailer.
- Perform basic vehicle repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Ensure that all the relevant documentations are updated for the truck and trailer as prescribed by the Laws of Guyana.
- Check and assist Lorry Assistant in properly securing cargo in order to safely transport cargo.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Ensure that customer signatures are obtained and the relevant documentation is completed.
- For export purposes, ensure that visits are made to the weigh station before and after loading, for weight to be derived and documented according to VGM regulations.
- Conduct all operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Comply with OSH and HSSE standards.
Please email your Letter of Application and Curriculum Vitae by April 21, 2022, addressed to:
Human Resources Department
45-47 Water Street, Georgetown
Subject line: ‘Application – Hauler Driver’
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY