Junior IT Support Technician
Job LocationQueenstown, Georgetown
As our company looks for expand its operation in Guyana, we seek an energetic individual to provide technical computer and network related tasks to all environments of the company and its related projects. To assist and support wired, wireless and satellite based VSAT network infrastucture. Candidate should also possess strong a foundation in electrical and electronic principals. The sucessful candidate will be require to travel to remote areas on Guyana.
To develop plans for software and systems purchases and budgets; to oversee the analysis, design, implementation, installation, and operation of Information Systems aimed at improving productivity; and to manage the operational support for all business critical software to the computing staff of the company in order to ensure that all computing staff are able to use their communication equipment and software efficiently and effectively.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, A+, Network +, or equivalent certification
- Two years’ experience in the operation, maintenance and support of computer networks
- Experience with Ubiquiti, Mikrotik Products
- Experience with VSAT Networks
- Experience with Cabling/Trunking for data networks
Skills and Competencies:
- Quality inter-personal skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Honesty and Integrity
- Ability to analyze problems and develop sound problem-solving models
- Ability to exhibit initiative and to execute difficult projects in the face of significant constraints and adversity
- In depth knowledge and experience of operations and project management methods
- Driver License
- Police clearance
The responsibilities of the Junior Support Technician – position are outlined as follows:
- Responsible for the maintenance and support of all in-house related information systems.
- Responsible for designing, installing and support wired, wireless and satellite VSAT networks.
- Responsible for providing technical support for both in-house and outsourced ICT projects
- Install conduits/ trunking and cables for Data Network
- Responsible for liaising with the customer service representative and other functional managers in order to identify end-user productivity requirements,
Based on education, experience, and competence.
- In-house training
- Additional Certification training opportunities
Offline applications can be dropped in at:
58 Zinnia Avenue, Bel-Air-Park, Georgetown,
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY