Responsible for oversight of the assigned project from the Concept Phase forward, and as such will assist corporate project group, the drilling superintendent, rig operations team in completing the project.
- Degree in Engineering, Engineering Management, or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in the Offshore Petroleum industry and 2-3 years of experience in Project Management and Scheduling software.
- Strong knowledge of ABS/DNV rules for constructing and classing offshore vessels.
- Experience in managing engineering and construction projects.
- Experience in counseling and mentoring of personnel.
- Experience in leadership and management, including presentation and facilitation techniques.
- Strong independent thinker, familiar with process improvement and process consulting.
- Strong organization skills, an ability to multi-task, work under pressure, establish priorities and meet deadlines in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Work independently and with groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Travel is an essential job function (domestic, international and offshore).
- Manage and direct the activities of project teams and consultants in the fulfillment of project assignments, within budget and on schedule, and per established Company policies and procedures.
- Provide Health and Safety Oriented Leadership for the project group.
- Oversee daily project activities to maximize scheduling and real-time utilization of resources; analyze and recommend part-time, flexible and full-time employee mix for the project.
- Prepare and plan project budgets and submit to senior management for review and approval.
- Provide written and oral reports of the project’s requirements, processes, current status, and estimated progress to senior management and any courses of action taken to overcome problems and/or unusual matters, as required.
- Assist with and/or develop a Critical Path Schedule using approved scheduling software. Schedule based upon equipment requirements, cost, and manpower needs. Incorporate and integrate all aspects of engineering, procurement and construction into the master schedule. After development of the Critical Path Schedule, submit to the Manager of Projects and/or other members of management for review and approval.
- Establish and maintain customer and client relationships.
- Review on-going performance results to targets, takes corrective measures, escalate as necessary, while maintaining effective, open, and regular communication.
- Foster a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximize employee morale and productivity.
- Develop and present strategies for performance improvement and cost savings for the project.
- Assist with coordination of logistics to and from the job site/shipyard during the Project’s time frame.
- Provide recommendations regarding specific concerns raised by management.
- Review, approve, and make periodic inspections of Project procedures and specifications.
- Recommend/select vendors and review/assess vendor proposals.
- Make recommendations for any additional scope of work that may be needed.
- Interface with all departments in the performance of job functions and assist as needed.
- Interface with suppliers on cost, specifications and delivery of material and equipment.
- Other project and duties as assigned.
Will be discussed at the interview.
Human Resources Manager
Centipede Offshore Guyana Inc.
PLEASE EMAIL ALL APPLICATIONS ONLY.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY