Job Location27 Hadfield Street, Georgetown
An IT Technician is a professional who is responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing hardware & software components of the organization's computers. They also support these systems through remote access or site visits as needed by management teams within their company.
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
Monday to Friday; 10 pm-7am
Click here to apply: https://smrtr.io/b5pX8
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY