Job Location27 Hadfield St, Georgetown, Guyana
A broker officer matches shipper with transportation services in order to transport goods and vice versa. Brokers are responsible for matching authorized and reliable transportation carriers to the shippers; through utilizing the tools available to validate the carrier and coordinating all of the shipping needs for many companies.
2+ years of related work experience.
• 5 successful passes or more at CSEC or equivalent. Diploma in a related field preferred.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Customer contact – phone and email experience preferred
• A strong work ethic
• Outstanding people skills
• Protect company and customer information in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Find a transportation service that can get that cargo to a specific location via a motor carrier.
Locate suitable transportation carrier to facilitate freight movement from point of origin to destination
Locate freight for carriers to transport from point of origin to destination
Build a database of carriers to facilitate efficient and prompt movement of freight
Negotiate suitable rates with shippers/carriers to secure maximum revenue for the company
Taking ownership of a freight from period of brokerage to the point whereby the carrier has been paid
Ensure customers are provided with the progress of their freight when brokered
Build a database of manufacturers/distributors to cater for opportunity to increase freight movement
Any other assigned task
- Please use the link here to apply: https://smrtr.io/7Cfyb
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY