Job LocationRamada Georgetown Princess Hotel, Providence, EBD
The Kitchen Steward is required to maintain the kitchen and surrounding areas in a
clean and sanitary manner by following the cleaning schedules and adhering to the
Health & Hygiene Regulations and Company policy and procedures.
- Police Clearance;
- Food Handlers Certificate;
- Must be physically able to do manual cleaning and handling as described in the Jod Description above;
- Any Culinary certificate or experience and Kitchen Stewarding experience will be an Asset.
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service Report for duty punctually, in the correct uniform, clean and neatly pressed with your name-tag clearly visible;
- Liaise with the Kitchen Supervisor on duty for specific instructions/requests;
- Carry out duties as assigned, also refer to cleaning schedules and perform the necessary duties;
- Collect the appropriate cleaning materials and equipment from the Main Stores;
- Check equipment daily to ensure they are in good working condition and promptly report any defects/malfunctions to the Executive Chef;
- Assist in the set up and break down of service areas for all special functions;
- Cleans stoves, ovens, grills, refrigerators, and using cleaning solutions, brushes and wash cloths;
- Washes utensils, such as pots, pans, and trays by hand using cleaning detergents. Washes dishware, glasses, and cutlery by machine.
- Drain, dry, polish and stack Utensils and other items after washing;
- Transports food supplies, such as meats, vegetables, fruits, and canned foods from storeroom or freezer to the cooking area in the kitchen;
- Returns surplus food to storeroom or freezer;
- May assist with food preparation as part of a Supervised task with necessary arrangments in place to adhere to OSHA and Food Safety Procedures;
- Any other reasonable requests made by Management.
To be discussed at the interview.
Please come in to the RAMADA Hotel Human Resources Department where we will guide you to fill the application form and begin the interview process.
You can also contact the HR Department on Tel 265-7001 EXT 205.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY