Job LocationVLISSENGEN ROAD- GEORGETOWN
Gas attendants pump gas, perform general maintenance on vehicles, collect money for purchases, and help keep the property clean. Gas stations hire gas attendants to work full- and part-time shifts during all hours, including weekends and holidays, as many gas stations are open 24/7.
Gas attendants use customer service and sales skills to fulfill customer requests. They work outdoors in all weather conditions while maintaining a quick, efficient pace. Gas stations prefer candidates who have the following skills:
- Physical fitness – gas attendants handle gas pumps, lift car hoods, carry inventory items, and work quickly in cold conditions, hot temperatures, and inclement weather, tasks that all require stamina and endurance
- Customer service – gas attendants use customer service skills to greet and interact with customers
- Mathematics – because gas attendants collect payment for sold products and services and make change, some basic math skills are required
- Salesmanship – gas attendants use sales skills to sell extra products and services to customers
- Multitasking – because gas attendants service multiple vehicles and customers at once, and also tend to several tasks at the same time, good multitasking skills are essential
- Attention to detail – gas attendants notice even small problems when cleaning and performing vehicle maintenance tasks, so employers look for professionals who maintain good attention to detail
Job responsibilities for gas attendants vary based on the services and products offered by the gas station. However, these core duties are generally the same:
Gas attendants greet customers when they approach the station and ask if they need assistance with anything provided by the store.
Gas attendants pump gasoline into customer vehicles based on their fuel type selection and the amount of gas they request.
Gas attendants wash vehicle windshields and windows.
Conduct Customer Transactions
Gas attendants sell and process cash and credit payments for items such as food, beverages, and lottery tickets. They also check customer identification before selling items like cigarettes and alcohol.
Clean the Gas Station
Gas attendants keep their work station and customer areas clean and organized by taking out the trash, sweeping floors and parking lots, and performing general housekeeping tasks. This includes keeping the bathrooms clean.
Gas attendants refill outdoor gas station supplies, such as window washing fluid, ice coolers, and paper towel dispensers. They also help stock display shelves inside the store.
Check Vehicle Fluids
Gas attendants check and top off common vehicle fluids such as oil, transmission fluid, and antifreeze.
Inspect Tire Pressure
Gas attendants check tire air pressure and add more air if needed.
CALL AT 226-4459
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY