Job LocationTurkeyen, Greater Georgetown, Guyana
The cashier will be:
Responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Company standards (accurately and politely) and for also processing sales quckly and cash register operations efficiently, also safeguarding Company assets and adhering to company policies and procedures
At least five (5) subjects CXC, inclusive of Grades 1 to 3 in Mathematics, English and any business subject.
Experience: At least six (6) months to one (1) year experience as a cashier or similar role.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Communicate with customers through the cashier script.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Accurately and efficiently enter purchases into cash register as they ring on registers and accurately maintain all cash and other forms of payment at the registers.
- Count money, give change and issue receipt for merchandise and services received.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Keep register area neat and stocked with necessary supplies.
- Assist in the training of new cashiers.
- Assist customers in locating specific items.
- Balance cash drawer and receipt and document discrepancies.
- Assist in other areas of restaurant, re-stocking, or keeping merchandise displayed in an orderly manner.
- Return all items on counter at the end of each day.
- Assist when unoccupied in getting change for another cashier.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
Salaries and benefits are based on Mama Mia's Italian Restaurant existing salary scheme, and benefits are in accordance with the laws of Guyana and the policies of the company.
The Human Resources Manager
Mama Mia's Italian Restaurant
Alternatively emails can be sent to
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY