Job LocationParfait Harmony
We are looking for an ambitious Cook to prepare delicious meals. These meals include but are not limited to snacks and lunches. You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and prepping ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes and in a timely manner.
Knowledge of pastry baking and cooking various cuisines, such as Creole, Italian, Mexican, and Vegetarian is a must.
You must be able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen.
The ideal candidate will also be able to function independently in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
WORKING HOURS -: 5 am - 2 pm (Monday - Friday)
- Baking & Cooking
- Proven experience as an all-rounder cook
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- At least 5 years of cooking experience
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Very good physical condition and endurance
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Training from a Carnegie/ culinary school will be an asset
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $375 per hour
- Prepare snack items (Egg Ball, Pholouri, Roti, Puri and Pastries etc)
- Prepare lunch meals (Creole, Italian, Mexican, and Vegetarian)
- Prepare vaious meats (Chicken, Beef, and Fish)
- Prepare a daily shopping list of ingredients/ items needed for meal preparations
- Organize and stock all ingredients
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Pack lunches into food boxes and containers for delivery
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Garnish meals and prepare simple salads etc.
- EXCELLENT Food Presentation skills
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
We will discuss this further in the interview
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY