SSHE LEAD 11
Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
Primary responsibilities will be to support and provide oversight at Contractor Yards in Guyana as the SSHE Lead. However, the support will be required for overall all Guyana Projects work in Guyana.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred Minimum 10 years" demonstrated work experience in safety-related positions (including some prior oil & gas experience)
- In-depth knowledge of security processes and procedures
- Proficient in use of computers and programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Microsoft Office
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, as required to function effectively within a project team
- Prefer minimum 7 years" prior experience working in a multicultural/multilingual, emerging nation, environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver excellence in project SSHE performance
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful internal and external working relationships with emphasis on interfacing in a team environment
- Ability to set priorities and work independently in performing contractor services with an appreciation for company processes and procedures
- No training will be provided (other than the company’s specific safety standards and procedures
The Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) Supervisor supports applicable functions/units/projects in developing and reviewing deliverables, responding to Management requests, identifying staffing needs, and reviewing/endorsing applicable work deliverables.
The SSHE Supervisor ensures that the tools, resources, and support are fit for purpose, providing stewardship, analysis, direction, and supervisory support to drive the organization to achieve SSHE objectives and priorities.
The SSHE Supervisor is responsible for managing reporting personnel to optimize performance and for their stewardship and career development.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the use of current and applicable SSHE and functional documentation
- Ensure adherence to the Risk and Change Management process
- Provide feedback for the Continuous Improvement of the SSHE Management System and promote the understanding, use and application of the System
- Comply with SSHE, legislative and functional requirements
- Behavioral Skills: courage of conviction, making sound decisions, managing risk, strategic
- Functional Skills: emergency preparedness and response, incident investigation and analysis, operations integrity and compliance assessment,
- Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) execution support, risk assessment and management, safety management, safety regulations and standards, fundamentals of health, fundamentals of security, environmental business planning, environmental standards, regulation development and advocacy, regulatory compliance and permitting.
Kindly email us an updated copy of your CV, accompanied with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Leader Engineering Guyana Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY