The Bakery Manager is in charge of managing the bakery's workforce, production, and sales. You are required to create plans to support the expansion and profitability of the business by taking on a variety of responsibilities, such as working with internal entity managers and external retailers to identify opportunities to increase sales, manage costs and expand distribution lines. Must have good leadership qualities, be able to evaluate data and sales figures, and make sound decisions. Being self-motivated, customer-focused, and capable of leading, managing, and coaching staff is all necessary for the job.
- Associate's degree in culinary arts or baking and pastry arts is advantageous.
- Proven experience managing a bakery.
- A food handler's license.
- Sound knowledge of different baking techniques.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Excellent management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Experience in distribution management.
- Plan, schedule and supervise bakery production
- Ensure that the bakery is adequately stocked with quality baking ingredients and supplies.
- Assure the proper use and care by the staff of a large variety of highly specialized production equipment.
- Enforce proper use of all equipment.
- Ensure that baking tools, utensils, and equipment are properly cleaned and sanitized.
- Create suitable work schedules for staff members.
- Appraise staff performance and carry out the necessary disciplinary measures to address poor performance.
- Train staff to produce high-quality bakery items while following proper safety and food handling procedures.
- Train bakery team to ensure that standards on quality (taste, texture, and appearance) are always met.
- Inspect bakery items to ensure that established standards on quality, uniformity, and aesthetic appeal are met.
- Collaborate with Sales departments to resolve customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Conducting some administrative duties (e.g., writing reports on progress, email correspondence).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Creates a market-specific business plan and sales strategy to make sure that the company's sales targets and profitability are met.
- Develops action plans for the effective pursuit of sales leads and prospects, both individually and collectively.
- Continuously conducts market competitiveness assessments.
- Coordinates the creation of action plans to enter new markets and assists, if necessary, in their development and execution.
- Delivers accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications presented for pricing and approval in a timely manner to senior management, all the while aiming to preserve the highest possible profit margin.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
Attractive Remuneration and Benefits Package available including but not limited to medical & life insurance coverage, birthday tokens, training opportunities, etc.
Send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or apply online: https://forms.gle/KKcmRBZQCp8PjfKw9
For more information, contact the HR Department: +592-227-4722 Ext. 1111/1109
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY