Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
The Manager Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for supporting the organization’s Financial Planning and Analysis function. The role will focus on the analytics that support sales commission and margin analysis, new product & engineering cost modeling, budgets, forecasting, financial and regulatory reporting, and strategic planning. The Manager Financial Planning & Analysis will be a hands-on resource to senior management, department heads, and project leads and is also expected to respond to ad hoc projects and research in support of the executive management team. The Manager Financial Planning & Analysis will be called on to analyze critical metrics to help support business growth and productivity goals. The Manager Financial Planning & Analysis will supervise a team of 1-5 analysts.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics or related field required; or MBA; or 8+ years of related
experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience must consist of financial accounting analysis background. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or related curriculum.
• Basic knowledge of related regulations, Company policies and procedures, and the Company’s products and services.
• Excellent skills related to the consolidation and reporting of financial results, and formulation and implementation of accounting procedures; must be able to prepare regular and special financial statements including, but not limited to, balance sheets, budgets, forecasts and profit and loss statements.
• Excellent skills regarding the functionality and application of internal rate of return and net present value modeling applications, including interpreting results and formulating effective recommendations.
• Demonstrated skills to independently plan and conduct non-routine financial analysis or reporting projects.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; word processing, spreadsheet and specialty software programs.
• Be able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent knowledge of general accounting, payroll, budgeting, profitability and recordkeeping systems.
1. Point of accountability for the monthly rolling forecast and annual operating budget, ensuring the accuracy of all forecast/budget data, proactively challenging any/all forecast/budget assumptions, and ensuring the integrity of the calculations and results.
2. The position will be responsible for setting and managing financial targets along with providing analysis and
justification with the goal of corporate optimization.
3. Work closely with top management to create and review business model, variance analysis and business risk analysis.
4. Work closely with the management team to develop and review customized reporting for contract work, manufacturing activities, and sales reporting.
5. Perform analytics to support corporate strategic planning activities and business development activities.
6. Recommend enhancements to the financial planning and budgeting systems that effectively generate project and activity based reporting to meet internal business and external reporting requirements.
7. Monitor the operating metrics for the business organization.
8. Demonstrated ability of performing in-depth analyses of industry market trends and implementing forecasting
9. Able to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial issues.
10. Assist with preparation of reports to the Board of Directors, Executive Management and external parties as needed.
11.Support and manage a team of analyst day to day operational financial activities, thus allowing for the provision of timely, relevant and accurate analysis of operational and business data.
12. Integrates internal and external resources to meet the needs of the business.
13. Support of daily data loading/data copying activities between different financial planning systems and source ERP systems.
14. Maintain documentation on key company systems, applications and processes.
15. Support SOX testing requirements.
16. Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
17. Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce.
18. Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and in a timely manner; supports the Company’s goals and values; benefits the Company through outside activities.
19. Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
Kindly send your CV to email@example.com
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY