Job LocationGiftland Mall/ E.C.D
The Branch Manager is responsible for the management of all aspects of the operations of the store during business hours especially maximising net operating income, maintaining the Core Values and Mission, upholding operations standards and demonstrating the Core Values to customers, employees and the community.
Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge and understanding of financial statements and reports
- Demonstrated ability to positively effect sales and profitability
- Superior decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Superior conflict-management abilities
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access
- At least three (3) years experience in a similar position in food service and/or retail environment
- At least two (2) years supervisory experience
- Bakery experience would be an asset
- Associate Degree in Business Management; Hospitality; or Food and Nutrition would be an asset.
- Directly manages a maximum of fifteen (15) employees, and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Manage day-to-day branch operations with the goal of increasing sales, reducing expenses and maximizing net operating income in accordance with monthly budget;
- Drives and delivers periodic operating plans including sales, profitability and management and employee turnover targets;
- Direct and coordinate the activities of all staff though work plan priorities in liaison with the Operations Manager;
- Provide and supervise training processes and procedures for all staff, assisting team members in goal setting, scheduling and skill development in liaison with Operations Manager;
- Conduct and monitor monthly physical inventory;
- Monitor inventory levels, production and wastage to ensure adequate control of cost of goods without compromising product quality;
- Review and submit invoices from vendors and suppliers to the Accounts Department for authorization and payment;
- Determine staffing needs and schedule of all staff including personal schedule;
- Perform staff evaluations consistent with Company guidelines;
- Encourage teamwork and high levels of staff morale through conflict resolution, coaching, bi-monthly meetings and daily communication to branch staff and operations manager.
- Monitor staffing levels and labour costs to maximize efficiency and control expenses;
- Monitor product quality and customer service to ensure requisite operational standard.
- Direct and supervise the ongoing and periodic cleaning and maintenance of all equipment and physical facilities in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and applicable health standards and company guidelines;
- Monitor customer preferences, direct innovative guest interactions and suggestive selling techniques via sampling in front of the bakery, behind the hot plate and at the register on a daily basis;
- Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of relevant accounting processes (Profit and loss, cash flow, accounts payable and receivable and operating profit);
- Respond and resolve customer complaints to achieve satisfactory resolutions;
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures and report breaches to Operations Manager;
- Ensure that employee attendance and payroll records are accurate and up-to-date and that time card reports are submitted weekly;
- Ensure prompt completion and transmission of end of day reports and petty cash reports and submit on a daily basis to Accounts Department;
- Manages back office administrative duties in an accurate and timely manner;
- Participate in monthly meetings as directed by Operations Manager and Managing Director;
- Any other relevant duties.
- Managing and motivating people - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY