Supermarket Equipment Coordinator
Job LocationFoodMaxx Supermarket
The position shall cover the following areas:
- Equipment coordinator responsibilities will include designing, developing, managing and maintaining equipment including Rotisserie ovens, fryers, stoves and refrigeration equipment and other maintenance equipment.
- Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
- HSE/OHSS Training
Experience: At least five (2) years’ experience in a similar position.
Background Refrigeration rack systems and Kitchen equipment.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Ensure that operators perform pre-checks on all equipment at the start-up of their shift and submit completed Checklists within and designated timeline.
- Collect, analyse, sort and prioritize completed forms at the beginning of each shift and ensure safety critical items are repaired prior to being released to operations.
- Track maintenance job orders in conjunction with completed pre checks forms.
- Develop and complete random audits regularly to ensure repairs are being completed to technical and operational standards.
- Proactively monitor Operations Planning requirements and liaise with technicians and management to establish equipment availability timelines.
- Coordinate meetings and collaborate with training to cover areas for improvement;
- Develop and maintain general equipment cleanliness standards and establish an audit system to ensure compliance of all equipment types;
- Establish systems to improve ability to anticipate issues, manage exceptions, and identify recurring issues to provide time to create contingency plans and alternate solutions;
- Develop and maintain records to track trends and collaborate with technicians and management to develop reports covering equipment identification, equipment breakdown classification, and operators;
- Collaborate with Technicians, Security Department, HSE and Operations to verify any unreported damages and report
- Assist with incident investigations to identify root causes and develop corrective actions for implementation.
- Develop reports with Technicians on the type of faults / damages or malfunctions and analyse trends.
- Investigate issues raised by colleagues and managers and maintain communication on progress.
- Develop and maintain equipment status reports and communicate discrepancies in a timely manner to the Facilities Manager.
- Data Entry & Management of Facilities Management Software to ensure that all equipment and inventory are accounted for and work orders are issued to relevant parties
- Achieve maximum equipment availability in the shifts by ensuring that operations is aware of expected equipment release times to keep operators on standby.
- Identify workplace hazards and develop control measures to prevent incidents;
- Familiarize and adhere to safety roles and responsibilities;
Lead continuous improvement initiatives in the workplace
Salaries and Benefits
Salaries and Benefits are based on Giftland existing salary scheme, and benefits are in accordance with the laws of Guyana and the policies of Giftland. These are all provided for in the Contract of employment
Interested applicants can send application to:
The Human Resources Manager
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY