Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
The Sanitation Supervisor will be responsible for the cleanliness of W&T George & Company Ltd facilities. He/she will be responsible for the supervision of all Sanitation officers. The sanitation Supervisor supervises and coordinates all cleaning activities; inspects premises for unsanitary practices and conditions, directs food handlers and production personnel in sanitation and pest-control procedures, and directs cleaning of equipment and work areas. He/she will also report all sanitation problems and makes recommendations for changes to management, plan and supervises the disposal of garbage, and evaluates the staffing needs of his/ her department. Additionally, the supervisor prepares and monitors sanitation budgets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detailed knowledge of cleaning chemicals and safety protocols.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience in a similar capacity will be an asset.
- Knowledge of the food and beverage industry.
- Develops goals and objectives for the department consistent with the cleanliness goals of the organization.
- Prepares department’s budgets.
- Maintains records and submits reports on cleaning responsibilities.
- Responsible for purchasing cleaning agents and utensils.
- Monitors department expenditures to be within budget.
- Supervises and monitors the use of chemicals used for pest control and all other cleaning agents
- Plans and schedules regular inspections: Inspections should be done on work sites thrice (3) weekly.
- Inspection will be done by management on a weekly basis.
- Inspects food handlers and production staff to ensure compliance with Occupational Health & Safety procedures.
- Prepare staff evaluation reports as required by management. (It is advised that the Supervisor keeps a staff logbook to ensure accuracy in the preparation of evaluations)
- Plan and schedule the spraying of pesticides.
- Source and recommend new and effective measures for pest-control.
- Supervises and Schedules waste disposal
- Ensures that no waste/garbage is left on premises overnight.
- Enforces disposal of garbage before odor becomes offensive.
- Examines incoming shipments of stocks for foreign matter, such as insects, dirt, etc.
- Inspects the storage and equipment regularly.
- Ensures the correct use of Safety procedures when cleaning.
- Ensures the efficiency of the chemicals (pesticides cleaning agents etc) being used and determines treatments frequencies
Interested applicants are advised to send applications to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Department: +592-227-4722 Ext. 1111/1109
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY