Content Writer and Proofreader
Job LocationProvidence, East Demarara, Guyana
As a member of our Sales and Marketing team, the Technical Writer will have the opportunity to interact with senior leaders and learn how to impact and grow our clients’ business operations.
This position is for individuals who want to use their writing skills and join a dynamic, high performance, results-oriented culture. If you are looking for an opportunity where you are rewarded for your results and want to make a difference in the lives of those you work with, please send your resume for consideration.
Area of expertise (Skills)
Skills and Qualifications
• Fluent in verbal and written English including a wide vocabulary and appreciation of grammar
• College degree in English, Language or Business preferred
• Journalism or editorial skills, preferred but not required
• Detailed oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects from inception to execution
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to identify active versus passive voice
• Ability to meet deadlines and accommodate a flexible schedule, which may include evenings and weekends, as required
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and desktop applications such as Adobe and Viso for org charts
• B2B writing experience required; BPO or contact center writing experience, preferred but not required
• Ability to collaborate with broad range of team members
• Organizational skills with thorough document tracking including version tracking
• Ability to show close attention to detail
• Knowledge of cloud database management and online collaboration documents including ShareFile, SharePoint and Microsoft Teams
• Create, update and proof marketing assets, throughout the sales and marketing organization; documents may include, but are not limited to: case studies, brochures, PowerPoint presentations, press releases, proposal responses and website content
• Prepare documents by gathering and formatting information, writing drafts and obtaining approvals
• Follow defined writing guides and templates per company and brand guidelines, including readability, consistency and tone
• Assist in writing and/or proofing internal and external communications
• Maintain consistency and accuracy throughout the content library
• Collaborate with internal teams to obtain an understanding of the writing requirements
• Write clear and concise with the ability to write to target audience or buyer persona
• Proofread individual work and work of others for grammar, spelling and sentence structure
• Provide enhancements to writing of others
• Identify and implement process improvements
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY