The Cost Controller acts as a business partner for the assigned remit, accountable for ensuring stakeholders achieve business objectives in operational effectiveness and efficiency, reliable financial reporting and compliance with laws, regulations and standards.
In this role you will work closely with the Finance Manager, Unit Managers and the Engineering team to ensure costs are properly budgeted, coded and tracked.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a similar role;
- ACCA or It’s equivalent
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly Excel;
- High attention to detail;
- Ability to understand complex contracts and invoicing procedures;
- Must be Guyanese living in Guyana.
- Create annual budget in alignment with Client and Corporate requirements;
- Prepare various budget-related reports to forecast and track costs and update the forecast through budget variances;
- Ensure internal control compliance with the regulations and policies
- Challenge financial information to ensure that all viable options have been considered
- Work with colleagues in various departments to ensure costs are coded properly and ledger accounts are accurate;
- Review major contractor invoices against contract terms and /or Purchase Orders;
- Establish/ maintain dedicated and reliable platform(s) (tool / solution) used in the compilation of data
- Prepare monthly Client invoices;
- Prepare periodic client financial reporting as required;
- Track major repair costs and prepare monthly reconciliations;
- Ensure costs booked are correctly allocated in the accounting system;
- Monitor PO management in cost control tool and prepare month-end accruals;
- Provide relevant cost analyses to support Operations Manager & team to support business decision making;
- Support Operational team by providing regular updates on commitments;
- Assist Finance Manager as required.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY