Job LocationLand of Canaan, East Bank Demerara
Reporting to the Procurement Officer, the individual will be repsonsible for undertaking clerical and administrative duties and also conduct external errands in and around Georgetown for the various departments. Main duties include: small dispatch of items, deliveries, pickups, postage, utility payments and conducting of miscellaneous transactions.
Five subjects at the CSEC including Mathematics, English and Office Administration with minimum grades 2 passes
2 years experience in a similar role;
Working proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Teams;
Licensed to drive car and van
Very good knowledge of Guyana's road ways and alternative routes to safely and efficiently avoid traffic;
Be able to communicate professionally with clients and customers;
Mannerly with a neat outlook.
In detail, the individual will perform the following duties:
1. Collect and sort all incoming mails/packages and distribute to the intended departments;
2. Assist in formal hand over to warehouse miscellaneous items procured;
3. Uplift cheque payments from clients and customers on behalf of the Company;
4. Pay utility bills on a monthly basis;
5. Conduct miscellaneous transactions at various Governmental agencies on behalf of the Company;
6. Lodging application and making remittances to the GRA and NIS;
7. Assist occasionally, in clerical external errands for the HR department;
8. Organize in some cases and uplift personal supplies for the General Manager;
9. Post or mail packages to external clients via post office or express courier services (Fedex/DHL) and clear or receive packages on behalf of the Company;
10. To perform any other duties associated with this position.
Interested applicants are asked to email cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae to HRM@fernandes.gy or may apply in person with written application to:
The Human Resources Manager
Fernandes Guyana Enterprise
Block G 1, Land of Canaan,
East Bank Demerara
Applicants applying in person are asked to walk with supporting documents of their credentials.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY