The Boarding Clerk acts as the first point of contact for vessels arriving into and departing the various ports and must ensure compliance with all statutory formalities and required declarations within stipulated deadlines. The Boarding Clerk is expected to establish good relationships with all stakeholders, internal and external, while performing any duties as requested by the Vessel Operations Manager.
Work Hours: Monday to Friday, including weekends as needed
- Willingness to work shifts that will require days, nights, weekends, and holiday work as scheduled for port operations engaged in 24/7/365 basis.
- Job involves extensive walking, lifting, climbing, stooping, bending and jumping and heavy lifting in excess of 25 pounds.
- Agents are required to make numerous trips to client vessels during the time in port to handle any issues relevant to the efficient arrival, unload, loading and departure of the vessel.
- Boarding Clerk License
- 3-5 years’ experience in the shipping industry
- Secondary school level qualifications completed
- Proficient in Microsoft suite applications
- Proficient in computer systems, including but not limited to Nav Aids, Acyuda, etc
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Customer service • Meeting goals • Self-confidence • Client relationships • Verbal and written Communication skills • Ability to perform task with minimal supervision and employ Time-management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently in a diverse work environment.
- Coordinate and update all parties concerned with vessel movement including principals/customers, Port Authority, and appropriate government authorities.
- Ensures compliance and submission of all local report requirements within deadlines for agency and for all Statutory Authorities, including but not limited to Customs and Excise, Immigration, Maritime services, Health Authorities, Terminal etc.
- Coordinate with various departments for any crew changes and spare parts delivery including transportation arrangements, hotel reservations and immigration clearance.
- Coordinating with all departments on any operation and administrative services required for assigned marine vessels including coordinating pilots, tugs, and linesman and berthing assignments for vessels.
- Perform Boarding and clearance of vessels in various port as required.
- To coordinate and supervise all vessels’ arrival, departure activities and cargo operations at all ports where the company operates, and prepare all relevant logs, and documentation/reports required upon completion of the vessel operation
- Coordinate vessel stowage and communicate with principals, planners, vessel command, and ensure any issues raised are resolved accordingly and timely.
- To facilitate any container examination and yard inspections and attend any queries made by any relevant party including the authorities
- Process permits to move containers from port to Bonded warehouse as needed
- Supervise Tally and ensure unstuffing of containers at bonded warehouse as needed.
- Ensure all queries, claims and damage reports are addressed to all relevant parties in a timely and precise factual manner
- Perform equipment control functions including but not limited to managing seal inventory and reporting of the same.
- Preparing Amendments as needed
- Preparing of TDR as needed
- Scanning and uploading invoices into SGI and updating SGI for vessel activity as needed
- Ensures all systems, internal and external are updated with required information, including but not limited to vessel activity, container movements, etc.
- Supervises, maintains and provides updates for any equipment and hazardous cargo related matters and provides the related reports
- Check EDI transmissions and correct any errors
- Provide excellent unparalleled customer service and maintain a professional working relationship with all company’s stakeholders, internal and external
- Ensure company records are organized, updated, current and readily available for examination. This will include coordinating with other staff members to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of filing systems
- To always adhere to and promote the company’s policies, guidelines, and procedures, meeting all KPI and reporting standards.
- Perform any other duties, including administrative duties as assigned by your managers
- Daily monitoring of all communications, and coordinates with all departments, terminals, planners and principals, and other key parties, as well as ensuring that timely responses/reports/updates are given within deadline requirements
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and communicating the same to all team members.
- Identify weaknesses and recommends changes in products, service, procedures, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments and changes to individual customer needs and reporting the same to management.
- Resolves any raised complaints, including those received by principals and vendors, by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Report any areas of potential risk which may attract penalties or pose as a loss to management as soon as possible
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY