Job LocationLombard Street, Georgetown, Guyana
As a procurement intern, you will be asked to complete a variety of tasks and may work on several projects simultaneously. The position provides various analyses, buying and expediting, internal and external market research studies, as well as data and process analysis to procurement management and operating company procurement team (spend analysis, procurement and business process and procedures)
Participants will have opportunities to interact with senior managers, coordinators within CEMEX.
Note that is an Internship - contract will be 6 months with the option to renew for upto one year.
- Bachelor’s / University Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Supply chain or a related field
- Medium proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of Oracle/SAP (would be a plus)
- Knowledge of Procurement (would be a plus)
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Core competencies: we focus on results and responsibilities, we think outside the box and innovate
- Communication with suppliers, updating of Purchase Orders and delivery times (tracking)
- Recycle counting- where a perpetual count is done every week with a few items to compare with inventory
- Assistance on the receipt and issues from the stores area
- Produce reports as needed
- Follow up status - clearance of shipments with broker
- Suppliers set up process in Oracle
- Assist in stores area by organizing the spares on the correct shelves
- Providing effective administrative and logistic support to the Procurement area and specifically to the Procurement Manager and Procurement Coordinator.
- Work in collaboration with internal and external clients
- Liaises with suppliers to monitor sustainability status and Clever
Commensurate with qualification and skills
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY