QUALITY ASSURANCE CHEMIST/RESEARCHER
Job LocationProvidence, East Bank Demerara
Assume responsibility for ensuring that the products manufactured by the Company comply with requirements, by actively sampling and testing finished products as well as monitoring in-process product parameters at various stages of the production process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science field (Chemistry, Biology, or Food Science)
- Minimum of two (2) years of Laboratory Experience
- Two (2) years of working experience in the manufacturing environment will be considered an asset
- Ability to learn and perform laboratory tests
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work as a team player and have a positive attitude
- Ability to promote and practice safety
- Ability to work independently, plan and prioritize
- Computer proficiency
- Read and familiarize yourself with the procedures in the Test Manuals for all the laboratory tests required.
- Provide assistance for the conduct and functioning of our Food Safety system.
- Maintain systematic documentation for easy retrieval.
- Produce test reports in a timely manner for approval.
- Practice the safety guidelines.
- Help to maintain a clean and organized environment in the QA laboratory.
- Verify the cleaning and sanitation of the plant according to the Factory Inspection checklist prior to facility approval.
- Ensure that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Good Hygienic Practices (GHPs) are adhered to by the personnel in the plant.
- Ensure that Quality and Food safety guidelines are strictly followed.
- Ensure that all incoming raw & packaging materials are verified and tested according to the criteria stated in preset standards and retention of a representative sample.
- Ensure that the right product formulation is used.
- Retain a representative sample from each batch for laboratory & shelf-life analysis.
- Report any non-conformities to the Quality Assurance Manager and follow up with the corrections/corrective actions.
- Ensure that the finished products are stored and stacked according to the required conditions as outlined in the standards.
- Inspect randomly the Delivery trucks and ensure that the products are handled properly.
Submit hard copy applications to:-
Human Resources Manager
Sterling Products limited
East Bank Demerara
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY