Logistics Business Manager
Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
C.S World Cargo 2000 Inc.
Established in 1987, C.S. World Cargo 2000 is a prominent and growing International Freight Forwarding company with offices in Canada, USA and England. We take pride in our members and our ability to provide the highest level of service and performance.
We’re searching for a professional that is self-motivated, dynamic and dedicated to excellence to fill the role of Logistics Manager in our new Guyana office. Reporting to the Director (Canadian Office), the chosen individual will be responsible for leading a small team in the development and execution of an Operations Excellence strategy across all business units to drive operational effectiveness and deliver the best in class customer experience throughout the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE – Only those that meet the following requirements will be considered for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 5 years’ operational knowledge of International Freight Forwarding sector required.
- IATA Dangerous Goods certification (an asset).
- Customs broker license issued by Guyana Revenue Authority (an asset).
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Detail-oriented and strong communication skills.
- Team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- Valid driver’s license.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are typically Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, however, working beyond these hours may be required. This position is referred to as a full-time exempt position. This role is based in an office environment with extensive driving for customer visits. For full-time exempt employees, the work schedule is typically 40 hours per work week.
C.S. Worldcargo 2000 LTD is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as qualified individual with disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist in developing a business plan and strategies that will attain its goals and objectives.
- Ensure that the business has the adequate and suitable resources to complete its activities (e.g. people, material, equipment etc.)
- Identify / create sales opportunities through contact with potential customers.
- Develop logistics service solutions based on clients’ needs.
- Oversee and monitor import and export activity, ensure compliance with operational procedures and country regulations and laws.
- Coordinate logistics - arranging transportation (air, ocean, trucking) and warehousing.
- Identify market trends and competitive rates actions.
- Negotiate rates and contracts with agents or third-party vendors.
- Assist in streamlining processes and identify improvement areas.
- Conduct research and analysis of routes using historical data, reports and reviews.
- Produce detailed reports with statistics, business forecast, trends, etc.
- Participate in the construction and revision of policies and procedures;
- Oversee customs clearance process – proper documentation, duty and tariff payments.
- Review invoices of business partners/vendors and process payments.
- Investigate problem shipments and cascade concerns to respected parties.
- Handle customer requests and escalated cases/complaints.
- Provide junior and new staff with training on procedures and protocol.
- Achieve gross profit targets and other business driven targets.
- Responsible for preparing, issuing and maintaining regional RFQs and proposals.
- Responsible for identifying competitive service strengths and weaknesses of the business and making recommendations to constantly improve services.
- Report weekly activities and monthly sales pipeline.
- Extensive regional travel and occasional national and international travel. The employee must be able to travel over 50% of the time and drive a vehicle.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY