Livestock/ Crop Manager
Qualifications and Requirements:
• At least five years (5) similar experience in the role
• Candidates must ideally graduate from Guyana school of Agriculture or have a degree in Agricultural science or Administration
• Needs excellent interpersonal skills and ability to motivate the team
• Ability to learn, troubleshoot
• Computer literacy
• Driver’s license for car/van/lorry
• Superior Planning skills
• Crop & Livestock training will be an asset
• Project Management training will be an asset
Note: Must be able to reside on the farm
Duties and responsibilities:
• Organizing and managing sales and purchases of livestock, farm equipment, crops (red beans, soya beans and corn) and agricultural products.
• Coordinate daily activities and liaise with staff to ensure that adequate supplies are in place and other items requiring the input of the Section Supervisors are maintained at all times.
• Must be able to run the breeding program.
• Check and keep records of animal health.
• Maintain drugs and other resources.
• Handling paperwork and keeping administrative records.
• Must be able to plan and manage farm projects.
• Keeping an up- to date knowledge of pests and diseases.
• Ensuring that the farm is profitable and meets projected financial targets
• Ensuring the farm is compliant with various legal guidelines and working to minimize the environmental impact of the business, for instance via waste disposal.
• Organizing maintenance/ repair of farm Infrastructure and advising management of any errors or conditions that affect their production.
Kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY