HEAD OF SECURITY- CSO
Job Location183 Albert Street
A CSO is the executive whose ultimate role is to ensure that an organization's security function adds value and gives it a competitive advantage. A major part of a CSO's role within an organization is to help forge strong and secure connections between departments. For example, when corporate departments worry less about security vulnerabilities all around them, they may operate more smoothly with each other. A CSO who can reduce friction between departments thus adds value to an organization.
Effective chief security officers will be intelligent and driven, with solid interpersonal skills, a strong foundation of business knowledge and a combination of in-demand expertise, including:
- Strong written and verbal communication ability
- The ability to collaborate and build consensus across departments and among stakeholders
- Experience with a wide range of relevant systems, and security monitoring and detection tools
- Extensive ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and monitor IT security systems
- Strong leadership, negotiation and persuasion ability
- Builds a strategic and comprehensive information security program that defines, develops, maintains and implements policies and processes that enable consistent, effective information security practices which minimize risk and ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of information that is owned, controlled and processed within the organization. Ensures information security policies, standards, and procedures are up-to-date.
- Initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to foster information security awareness within the organization.
- Creates a culture of cyber security both with the IT organization and driving behavioral changes for the business.
- Evaluates security trends, evolving threats, risks and vulnerabilities and applies tools to mitigate risk as necessary.
- Manages security incidents and events involving electronic protected health information (ePHI)
- Ensure that the disaster recovery, business continuity, risk management and access controls needs of the facility are addressed.
- Ensures the institution/organization complies with the administrative, technical and physical safeguards.
- Collaborates with organization senior management, Privacy Officer, and Corporate Compliance officer to establish governance for the security program.
- Serves in a leadership role for security compliance.
- Works closely with the Privacy Officer to ensure alignment between security and privacy compliance programs including policies, practices and investigations, and acts as a liaison to the information systems and compliance departments.
- Is responsible for initial and periodic information security risk assessment/analysis, mitigation and remediation. Responsible for development and implementation of security risk management plan.
- Ensure organization has audit controls to monitor activity on electronic systems that contain or use electronic protected health information.
- Oversee periodic monitoring and reviewing of audit records to ensure that activity is appropriate. Such activity would include, but is not limited to, logons and logoffs, file accesses, updates, edits and printing.
- Ensure the organization has and maintains appropriate system use and disclosure / confidentiality statement.
- Oversees, develops and/or delivers initial and ongoing security training to the workforce. Initiates, facilitates and promotes activities to foster information security awareness within the organization and related entities
BRING APPLICATION TO 183 ALBERT STREET
ACROSS FROM ALBERTOWN POLICE STATION.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY