The Internal Auditor will ensure that all the corporate business processes and operating policies in all CAGE Companies and in all jurisdictions within which they operate are risk-management compliant. The Internal Auditor will coordinate and oversee the internal audit activities within each CAGE Company. The Internal Auditor will develop and implement internal controls, coordinate the administration of internal CAGE Company audits and policy reviews and ensure compliance with established corporate audits guidelines. Assess compliance with requirements of relevant local jurisdiction’s laws and evaluate how effective the CAGE company operating departments have been in implementing internal operating controls and practices.
· 5+ years relevant experience, including a mix of experience from public accounting (Big 4 a plus) or internal auditing and/or internal control roles.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA, CIA, or professional designation is required.
· Experience working within South American and Caribbean markets or with a multi-jurisdictional company is preferred.
· Understanding of internal corporate operations control concepts and frameworks.
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects.
· Communication skills, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills that allow interactions with business partners.
· Problem-solving skills that demonstrate critical and logical thinking to reach a solution.
· Analytical skills with high attention to detail.
· Flexibility to travel across the Caribbean.
Proficiency in Microsoft computer applications (Excel, Access, Word) and General Ledger system.
Proficiency in the use of accounting software applications (Microsoft Grate Plains preferred, Quickbooks, ACCPAC, etc.).
Sound verbal, written and listening communications.
Effective time management and organization skills.
Strong decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills.
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
· Excellent accounting and internal auditing skills.
· Proficient understanding and use of representative sampling techniques.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
· Develop and implement the system of internal controls and ensure compliance across the organization.
· Recommend changes and enhancements to existing policies and controls to ensure they are current, adequate, functional, and utilized per standards established by the government and the company.
· Plan and administer financial and operational audits.
· Document results of the evaluations, draft recommendations on corrective measures and work with departments to ensure implantation.
· Develop recommendations and reports based on audits and present ideas to senior management.
· Identify business process risk and perform company risk assessment.
· Conduct investigations on irregularities and errors.
· Develop testing methodologies to evaluate the adequacy of controls.
· Advise senior management regarding multi-jurisdictional and intercompany controls and processes.
· Assist the Finance and Accounting department with financial statement review and special projects.
· Engage with external auditors to ensure timely and accurate completion of the audited financial statements.
· Assist with fulfilling external requests for information.
· Assist with special projects and perform other duties as assigned by the management.
· Establish and maintain a positive and effective working relationship with all departments, seek constructive solutions, always maintain confidentiality, and facilitate the success of others.
· Audits the organization’s financial systems, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, travel expenses, inventories, and sales order processing.
· Collects, reviews, and analyzes data related to the company’s information systems and functions.
· Evaluate compliance of assessed systems.
· Determines whether a system or function is operating according to organizational and industry procedures and guidelines
· Conducts efficiency analysis on assigned services and systems.
· Identifies discrepancies, risks, and other problems, then reports findings to upper management; recommends appropriate corrective measures.
· Promotes and educates benefits of adopted control measures; encourages stakeholders and other responsible parties to adopt changes necessary to correct problems and noncompliance.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.