The position shall cover the following areas:
Responsibility includes Purchasing, Conduct Inventory, Evaluate and identifying possible suppliers and Ensuring Payments are made Suppliers.
· Certificates in related fields.
· A minimum of 5 subjects CXC, inclusive of English and Maths
· A combination of related training and considerable experience may be considered an equivalent.
Experience: At least one (1) year experience in a similar capacity.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
1. Receive purchases and check requests from throughout the company, check for accuracy, and forward to Procurement Manager for approval.
2. Confer with department heads from all divisions within Giftland to determine purchasing needs and specifications.
3. Receive, inspect, and distribute merchandise to appropriate individuals; file damage claims with freight companies or vendors.
4. Prepare periodic reports related to purchasing, inventory control, and ship and receive both local and import operation.
1. Conduct annual on-site inventory; prepare inventory listings to include the location and status of all equipment and materials being used companywide. This includes fork lifts, jack pallets, computers, laptops and its assigned personnel.
Evaluate and identifying possible suppliers
2. Evaluate the quality and appropriateness of supplies and equipment; conduct cost/quality comparisons prior to submitting requests to Procurement Manager.
3. Maintain contact with vendors regarding orders and merchandise, new products, market conditions, and trends.
4. Obtain and update information on open market and contract purchase prices.
5. Identify minority firms as possible suppliers.
Ensure Payments are made Suppliers
1. Coordinate expenditure records with accounts payable in order to assure prompt and accurate payment to on-site vendors.
Any other tasks assigned.