Duties and responsibilities:
1. To prepare all legal documents and letters.
2. Receiving all clients and prospective clients who come to consult with the Attorneys.
3. Informing the Attorneys of the attendance of any clients, passing on all
inquiries for the Attorneys, receiving calls for the Attorneys, making a
record both electronic and physical of all incoming and outgoing calls in the
respective files in amicus.
To scan all documents for matters and update the office software.
5. To schedule meetings and appointments for Attorneys
6. To locate and retrieve files when requested by Attorneys for appointments.
7. To coordinate with the Supervisor and filing clerk of the filing of all documents on time within the prescribed filing time limits.
To handle all correspondence, namely documents, mail and other official documents and ensure immediate notification to the Partner, Associate, supervisor, Managing Associate or the relevant department heads.
9. To Return calls to all persons on the day of receipt of incoming calls and/or messages informing the caller of the status of their message, i.e., whether it has been passed on to the associate or team member and what their responses are.
To liaise with clients and update them on the status of their matters or upcoming court dates.
11. To manage the conference room in your respective building, including bookings and use of the rooms, maintenance of the schedule for the use of the conference room, ensuring the conference room is always stocked with water, coffee, tea, milk and crockery, pens and writing material, request and installation of the projector when required for use, preparation of the conference room for upcoming use.
To take minutes at meetings and circulate to attendees.
Bachelor's Degree in any field, with Law being an asset or CAPE and CXC subjects including Law, English Language grades 1-3
Sixty (60) words per minute typing skills
Must be computer literate and possess a high level of competence in Microsoft Word and Excel
Minimum of 3 years experience as a secretary or administrative assistant
Must be able to work unsupervised
RESPONSIBILITIES as listed above