The position shall cover the following areas:
The Junior Cook is responsible for assisting the Cook with the preparation of meals on daily basis, purchasing supplies for the kitchen, and ensuring sanitation standards are upheld.
Education: Certificate in Cookery or Culinary Arts
Must have a valid food Handler’s Certificate
Experience: Two (2) years as a Cook in a hotel, restaurant or in a retail environment
Specific Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
· Ensuring the food preparation areas are clean and hygienic
· Washing utensils and dishes and making sure they are Stored appropriately
· Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and cooking foodstuffs and helping the Chief.
· Assisting with food order from time to time.
· Restocking of goods in the kitchen from the stock room.
· Ensure kitchen is clean at all times.
· Ensure all food preparation are completed for the next shift or day.
· Assist is all area necessary within the Kitchen/preparation area .
· Ensure all equipment are turn off at all times.
· To produce a consistently excellent quality of product, adhering with the processes set out in the baking manual and using the correct ingredients
· To deliver a standard of product decoration and general presentation that is in line with the Foodmaxx’s standards of excellence
· To fully comply with all Health and Safety and Food Hygiene regulations at all times
Responsible for managing the kitchen in terms of ordering supplies and performing inventory, as well as maintenance on kitchen equipment.
Measured ingredients and prepared rolls, cakes, frosting, cobblers, and pastries.
Planned and prepared menu for efficient weekly production.
Produce cakes, tarts, cupcakes, and fine dining desserts for the restaurant while paying close attention to details.
Check in and verify deliveries
Any other tasks as assigned.