The Training Specialist develops and administers specialized training courses (internally or in the cooperation with the external training vendor). The training and development specialist has a portfolio of training courses and finds the best way for the development and training of employees in the business unit.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in training and development, human resources, education, or instructional design; a degree in business administration or a social science, such as educational or organizational psychology will be an asset.
Background in information technology or computer science is desirable.
Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Training and Development Specialist in the Retail Industry or in a similar capacity.
The position shall cover the following areas:
1. Design the Training and Development Program of MCG/Giftland in coordination with the HR Manager
2. Translate requirements into trainings that will groom employees for the next step of their career path
3. Implement the training cycle from training needs assessment to transfer of training
4. Develop or oversee the production of handouts, instructional materials, aids and manuals
5. Direct structured learning experiences and monitor their quality results
6. Acclimate new hires to the business and conduct orientation sessions
7. Deliver training courses
8. Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employees work behaviour
9. Periodically evaluate ongoing programs to ensure that they reflect any changes
10. Create policies on Scholarships and Study Aids and monitor career path of employees
11. Establish assessment systems and coordinate development through job enlargement, job enrichment, job re-engineering, job rotation and other similar movements.
12. Develop and implement mentoring and coaching approaches to development
13. Draft a Training Manual through drafting modules based on various training techniques
14. Create the succession planning for the company, both MCG and Giftland.
15. Lead the HR team in the integration, orientation, and induction of newly hired employees.
16. Keep abreast of the new trends and tools in employee development