PURPOSE: To provide secure, timely driving and safe transport of staff members, passengers and/or goods and to carryout general administration and logistical support to the Authority.
Report To: Administrative Officer
MINIMUM QUALIFICATONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Completed Secondary education
• Valid driver's license
• At least 2 years driving experience.
• Clean driving record
• Knowledge of areas, roads and communities in Guyana
• A polite and professional disposition
• Availability to take weekend and night shifts from time to time
• Drive vehicle for business of senior management;
• Maintain high standard of service to both internal and external guests;
• Punctuality and courteousness is essential to the service being provided;
• Distribute mail as necessary, both incoming and outgoing,
• Deliver payment transfers to the bank and/or to suppliers, conduct cash purchases for office expenditure; Deliver correspondence to Agencies and assist in processing various permits (such as airport pass etc.);
• Maintain log of each pick up and drop off (name of passenger, date and time);
• Observe road and traffic laws and regulations of Guyana; and
• Ensure punctuality and safe transport of passengers.
Car Security & Maintenance
Schedule annual vehicle examination for vehicle and apply for the renewal for vehicle license and insurance;
• Keep the vehicle in good working order and clean;
• Supervise the routine cleaning and maintenance of the vehicle;
• Ability to determine when the vehicle needs maintenance and the type of maintenance necessary;
Keep track of general maintenance schedules, especially car tyre condition and servicing checkpoint miles;
• Ensure vehicle is kept clean, tidy, secure and in good working condition at all times;
• Ensure the vehicle is equipped with all necessary safety equipment, protective covers and tools for its normal functioning:
•Ensure sound running of the vehicles assigned and inform of administrative officer of minor repairs where necessary;
• Maintain log book of vehicle service;
• Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage, at end of each month; and
• Assist in the purchase of new vehicles, when required.
Car Logbook maintenance
• Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, etc;
The Gaming Authority of Guyana was launched on December 1, 2008, in accordance with section 32(1) of the Gambling Prevention (Amendment) Act Cap 9:02. The main functions of the Authority are set out in Section 32 of Cap 9:02. These functions include, overseeing, supervising, regulating and guiding the gaming sector in Guyana. Moreover, the Gaming Authority is the appointed Supervisory Authority for casino, betting shops and lotteries under the Anti-money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism Act Cap 10:11.