C.S World Cargo 2000 Inc.
Established in 1987, C.S. World Cargo 2000 is a prominent and growing International Freight Forwarding company with offices in Canada, USA, Hong Kong, England and Guyana. We take pride in our members and our ability to provide the highest level of service and performance.
We’re searching for an individual with cross-functional capabilities to fill the role of Accounts / Administrative Clerk in our Guyana office. Reporting to Manager, the chosen individual will perform accounting and office administrative duties for the business.
· Minimum, High School completion with five (5) subjects (must have English and Math)
· Minimum 2 years’ working experience in an accounting role.
· Knowledge of the Accounting Principles and Procedures.
· Detail-oriented and strong communication skills.
· Teamwork, tact and good interpersonal skills.
· Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Working knowledge of accounting software.
· Valid driver’s license (an asset)
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are typically Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, however, working beyond these hours may be required. This position is referred to as a full-time exempt position. This role is based in an office environment. For full-time exempt employees, the work schedule is typically 40 hours per work week.
C.S World Cargo 2000 Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as qualified individual with disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
· Answer and direct phone calls.
· Organize and schedule appointments.
· Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
· Maintain a filing system.
· Provide accounting and clerical support to the business.
· Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
· Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., accounts receivable, accounts payable).
· Enter data into computer system using defined computer program.
· Performs other duties as assigned by management.