This position leads our People Operations. This role consists of planning, directing, and coordinating
human resource management activities of our organization to maximize the strategic use of our people
resources and maintain functions such as organization culture, structure, roles & responsibilities,
recruitment, on-boarding, training, performance, engagement, retention, employee compensation,
recruitment, policies, compensation & benefits, and regulatory compliance.
Lines of communication
● The role reports to the Head of Corporate Services.
● This is a full-time role at our Houston site. Working hours are 40 hours per week, start times are
flexible within a window.
Bachelor's degree in human resources or a related field.
● Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, to motivate, develop, and direct
people as they work, and identify the best people for the job.
● Ability to be aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do, to use logic
and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions and to bring others
together and trying to reconcile differences.
Leadership — Role requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
You delegate effectively and take accountability for yourself and your team.
● Solution Oriented – When you encounter problems, you work to develop alternatives, you are
solution-oriented. You like being versatile and can be adaptable to many situations. You are a
proven problem solver and have great critical thinking skills and judgement.
● Disciplined and organized – excellent time management skills and self-disciplined.
● Integrity — You are honest, ethical, transparent, and trustworthy.
● Curious – You’re curious and a fast learner, you have a love of learning, and you pride yourself
on being a great teacher, coach and mentor at the same time.
● Dependability — Role requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling obligations.
● Initiative — Role requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
● Technology savvy – We use cloud-based People solutions that are part of our integrated
enterprise systems. We don’t like a lot of paper and we don’t think manual processes are
● Strong communication skills – You communicate clearly and can facilitate communication across
a wide-range of functions, groups and entities in lots of different types of environments.
● Pride – You take pride in your work and build a team that is proud of their work product. You
value quality and first-time-right principles.
Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety programs.
● Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and
sexual harassment and recommend needed changes.
● Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and
ensure compliance with legal requirements.
● Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants.
● Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing
employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
● Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational
● Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to
employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
● Plan, organize, direct, control or coordinate the personnel, training, or labor relations activities of
● Represent the organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
● Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting, and
administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.