Plans, prepares, and cooks food items to ensure the highest quality service and experience for customers. They help keep the kitchen organized and running efficiently. They ensure proper food handling, sanitation and following food storage procedures.
• To organize all the resources within the Kitchen and other areas.
• To prepare, cook and produce continental, Asian, Caribbean food to the company’s standard, with particular emphasis on presentation, hygiene and economy, in addition should also be knowledgeable in bakery products.
• To plan and cost menus in co-ordination with the Camp Boss.
• To assist Camp Boss in indenting for provisions.
• To be responsible for allocation of work to other Kitchen Staff.
• To be responsible for implementing company policy and discipline in the production area.
• To develop and train minimum of one Assistant/ Junior Guyanese Kitchen Staff in skills to be eligible for promotion.
• To ensure proper mopping and cleanliness of worktables, minimum wastage and kitchen cleanliness.
• To know and observe all safety rules and procedures.
• To effectively supervise Kitchen Staff to ensure all HSE rules & procedures are followed and hazards/near miss and accidents are properly reported.
• To raise HSE/ Hazard awareness by actively participating in all HSE meetings.
• To follow Newrest HSE plan and achieve HSE targets.
• To ensure that all equipment and materials are not left in an unsafe state.
• To report and where possible to act in relation to any accident, fire incident, loss or damage.
• To ensure proper grooming and hygiene of self and all production staff.
• To oversee/assist/sort out stores and maintain stores including meat, fish, vegetable, and frozen items.
• To assist in taking of inventories
• To check quality of food received and stacked in food-box and other material in acceptable order.
Carnegie School of Home Economics Certificate/Diploma Or Equivalent
1-2 years experience in a smilar role