The position shall cover the following areas:
Duties include, but are not limited to: assisting in the day to day operation and maintenance of all machinery and equipment of the power plant, and all other equipment of the MCG complex.
· Sound secondary education with minimum passes of (6) subjects at the CXC level.
· Trade certificate from GTI, or any other reputable industrial / Mechanical Training institution, in an engineering related field.
· Diploma in mechanical engineering or power generation.
· Any specialized training in power production or related field, would be of an advantage.
· Training and experience in light and heavy duty auto electrical repairs.
· Experience in hydraulic systems and repairs.
Experience: Minimum two (2) years similar experience at an established Organization and with a proven track record.
Experience with engines, mechanical and electrical equipment and all their associated auxiliaries and trained in safe working practices.
Specific Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
1. Responsible for the operation and maintenance as per set standards (safety standards) on the various equipment/vehicles and plants to ensure reliable/optimum utilization of the same.
2. Diagnose and repair faults/defects effectively on equipment/vehicles and Power Plant under preventative or break-down maintenance procedures, ensuring that down time is minimized.
3. Carry out daily inspection of all equipment/vehicles and plant for operational reliability & safety, to help plan for corrective maintenance and to prevent accidents in the operational area.
Maintain safety Standards
1. Ensure that standard safety procedures are followed during maintenance activities to prevent any personal injury or equipment/vehicle and plant damage.
2. Ensure that all work-related activities carried out during the shift are recorded in the log book/work order.
Equipment management and Tool maintenance
1. Inform the Senior Maintenance Technician / Supervisors of any spare parts & tools that are needed to ensure timely completion of any maintenance works.
2. Ensure good housekeeping in the power plant & other work areas and take proper care of tools.
Any other duties assigned by management.